Born in 1951, he graduated from the Agricultural Academy in Cracow (1975) with a specialty in economics and labor organization. Doctorate (1981) and habilitation (1995) in Ergonomics. Professorship in 2005. Current scientific affiliation: field – engineering and technical sciences; discipline – mechanical engineering.
Scientific specialization in the areas of:
- operation of agricultural machinery
Author, or co-author, of about 300 scientific publications. Member of dozens of scientific committees of scientific conferences at home and abroad. Manager or co-author of scientific projects, co-author of national and international patents.
Scientific internships in Switzerland (Polytechnic- ETH – in Zürich), Canada (UBC, Vancouver), Austria (Landeskammer Graz) and Germany (Berlin).
Some positions held to date:
- Vice-Dean and Dean of the Faculty of Production Engineering and Energy of the University of Agriculture in Cracow.
- Head of the Department of Machine Operation, Ergonomics and Production Processes
- Chairman of the Ergonomics Committee at the Presidium of the Polish Academy of Sciences, and later at the Fourth Department of Technical Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- President of CIOSTA (Commission Internationale de l’Organisation Scientifique du Travail en Agriculture)
President of CIGR (International Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering)
- President of the Scientific Council of the Polish Climate Forum
Member: Polish Society of Agricultural Engineering (PTIR), Ergonomics Committee at the PAU, Ergonomics Committee at the Cracow branch of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Polish Society for the Application of Information Technology in Agriculture, Forestry and Food Economics (POLSITA) , Polish Society for the Application of Electromagnetism (PTZE). Popularization cooperation with Polish Television